GUIDELINES TO FOLK CLUB NIGHT PERFORMANCES AND EVENTS of the NEWCASTLE & HUNTER VALLEY FOLK CLUB INC.
MEMBERS AND VISITORS PLEASE NOTE – Admission to Folk Club events is subject to the following conditions:
The Folk Club cannot guarantee that the artist/s will appear even after advertising and confirmation by the artist/s. The Folk Club reserves the right to, without prior notice, add, withdraw or substitute artists and to vary the programme as necessary. All attempts to notify members prior to the performance will be made but with last minute withdrawals, advice might only be available at the door on the night of the performance.
The right to refuse admission is reserved.
DOOR ENTRY FEE TO CLUB EVENTS
- It is our Club policy to take into account individuals financial circumstances. Therefore we will not refuse entry to those who cannot afford the entry fee to an event. We will however, accept a donation if you can manage it. Door entry fees are charged to cover the costs of rent, insurance and performer payments etc.
OTHER FOLK CLUB/ORGANISATION MEMBERSHIP DISCOUNTS
- The Newcastle and Hunter Valley Folk Club offers members of other folk Clubs and related organisations, discounted entry to our events at the concession rate.
FOLK CLUB PHOTOGRAPH ADVICE
- It is a regular occurrence at our events for Folk Club officials (and sometimes performer’s friends) to take photographs of performers and audience. These photographs are occasionally used in media advertising and/or printed in our newsletter ‘Coaldust’ and/or posted on our web-site. If you observe that your photograph has been taken and do not wish for it to be printed or used, please advise a Folk Club Committee member. Members and guests are asked to check with the performer/s first if it is okay to photograph them, particularly during their performance, due to ‘flash’ issues.
VIDEO & AUDIO RECORDINGS
- Video and audio recording devices may not be used at Folk Club events unless prior authorisation from at least two Folk Club Committee members and the performer/s has been obtained.
CALL FROM THE FLOOR – WALK UP PERFORMANCES (Floor spots)
- Our Folk Club welcomes people who would like to perform one or two songs or tunes in the folk genre, at times allocated for walk-up performances, usually at the start of the event or straight after supper. Please speak to the host of the event if you would like this opportunity. Permission will depend on time being available in the planned programme for the event.
SUPPER BY DONATION
- A supper by donation is provided about half way through our Folk Club night activities. Members and guests are welcome to bring a plate to share in lieu of a donation.